We work all day, take care of our families and partners, and still somehow find time for a friends, the gym, and whatever else life throws our way. Sometimes, though, we get busy or distracted and our sex life suffers. It’s important to prioritize it–not just for the health of our relationships, but for also for our own mental and emotional well-being.
Whether you want to reconnect with your partner, have more energy to try something new, or you just want to give your libido a boost, these yoga poses will invigorate you and increase your blood flow—the first rule of increasing libido. Sitting at a desk all day can be draining, especially for sexual energy. A regular and well-rounded yoga practice can work wonders in improving your circulation, aligning your chakras and is a pathway to unlocking an array of physical and mental abilities. For libido, improving circulation to the pelvic region is critical. A regular yoga practice should include meditation, inversions, backbends, forward bends, twists, and standing and prone asanas. A seasoned yoga practitioner will incorporate all the above in their sequences.
Every asana will improve circulation, somewhere in the body, but here is a six-minute sex sequence that focuses on improving circulation within the pelvic girdle.
• Start in Child’s Pose. Firmly plant your palms into the mat while you sink your hips into your heels. Find your breath with the intention of fanning the flames of your sexual organs with each inhalation. Stay here for a full minute. Then come onto your hands and knees.
• Cat cow. Before you begin, imagine tying a string from your navel to your spine. Pull that string so that your navel lifts up toward your spine and keep it there. Now inhale and curl your spine maintaining your tight navel string. Exhale extend your spine, your chin parallel to the mat and your tailbone reaching toward the ceiling. Maintain your breathing with the intention of washing your sexual organs in fresh blood, oxygen, and energy. After 5 rotations, curl your toes, raise your hips, and move up to downward dog.
• Downward Dog. We will stay here for a full minute, so go in with the intention of receiving energy by expending energy. Push your palms away from the floor as you try to ground your heels into the earth. Burn your stress to heat up your sensuality. Don’t forget about that tight navel string. Walk your hands to your feet and enjoy a quick forward fold. Raise and squat.
• Garland Pose. From your squat, keep your heels on the floor and see how close you can bring your feet together. Breath is going, tight navel string is maintained; you are saturating your pelvis girdle in steamy hot blood with the intention of cultivating your sexual energy. After 5 breaths, gently lower your butt and come to a seated position.
• Bound Ankle Pose. Place your feet together and pull your heels into your groin while you lift your heart into a gentle back bend. Inhale deeply to fan the fire within your root chakra and exhale fully. After 5 breaths, release your bounds, and lay on your back.
• Bridge Pose. You’re pelvic girdle is ripe with energy. Raise your hips into the air, in celebration and imagine this being an offering to the sex gods. After thirty seconds, slowly rest your spine to the mat and repeat for another 30 seconds.
• Happy Baby. Open your knees slightly wider than your torso, then bring them up toward your shoulers. Position each ankle directly over the knee, so your shins are perpendicular to the floor. Flex through the heels. Gently push your feet up into your hands as you pull your hands down to create a gentle resistance.
• Svanasana. Also known as Corpse pose, this neutral position provides time to harness this refreshed receiving energy. Use these last few breaths to spread your sexual heat throughout your torso, your feet, and your hands and through each chakra.