Coconut oil is one of the most versatile things to keep in your house. From the kitchen to the bathroom, here are nine more things you can do with this over-achieving oil.
1. Shave This solid quickly turns to a great shaving liquid from the heat of your body and the shower. Shave as normal and your skin will be moisturized at the same time!
2. Tame Frizz Avoid a case of the frizzies when it gets humid by rubbing a small amount of coconut oil between your palms and smoothing your hair down.
3. Drink Up Add coconut oil to your smoothies for an extra boost of energy and healthy fats.
4. Caffeinate Bulletproof Coffee is gaining popularity. A combination of organic coffee, coconut oil, and grass-fed butter, this concoction will give you the added benefits of more energy, a metabolism boost, and kick to your immune system.
5. Season Cast Iron Cast iron pans are great for cooking, and even better if you season them with coconut oil first. Coat the pan with a thin layer of coconut oil and place in the oven upside down. Bake the pan in the oven for an hour at 350.Make sure to put some foil under it to catch drips.
6. Sweet Scrub Combine 1/4 cup granulated sugar with 1/2 cup coconut oil. Add any essential oil of your choice and use all over for softer, smoother, yummy-smelling skin.
7. Nailed It Next time you are giving yourself a manicure, rub a tiny amount of coconut oil into your cuticles when you are done. Do this daily for soft, manageable cuticles.
8. Fancy Feet If you live in a snowy region, you’re used to salty residue on your boots and shoes. Clean your boots and then treat them with a thin layer of coconut oil. Just avoid on suede.
9. Movie Night Avoid all the chemicals in microwave popcorn and get back to basics with some of the stovetop stuff. Coconut oil, salt, pepper, spices, and even nutritional yeast make a flavor-packed snack.